Training & Awareness raising & workshop programme for July’ 2016
GENDER BASED VIOLENCE
- The overall objective is to enhance participants’ knowledge and skills on how to address/confront gender based violence at household, community and national levels.
- Key concepts and gender based violence cycle • Gender equality and human rights • Gender based violence (specifically violence against women) as a barrier to development • Harmful traditional practices as a form of GBV • GBV in conflict and post conflict situations • Challenges for policy and practice • Addressing gender based violence: prevention and responses • Gender responsiveness policy influencing and programming.
Learning Outcome : By the end of the course, participants will be able to analyse and interpret the complex relationship between gender inequalities, gender based violence (GBV) in regard to development inequalities. They will be able to specifically isolate violence against women as a violation of human rights and gain programming skills and knowledge on how to institutionally address it.
Target group: Students of social science, Gender and women’s rights program personnel, human resource managers, youth leaders, donor agencies, humanitarian staff, middle level and senior managers, women leaders in civil society organisations, technical staff in local governments and in other development related agencies.
- Event Dates: 26 July 2016 (9:00am to 5:00pm) & 27 July 2016 (09:00am to 5:00pm)
- Registration deadline: 25 July 2016
- Registration Fees: 1450/- Rs.
Venue: Cognitio Conference Hall, #171, Panduranga Nagar, 1st Cross, Off Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru 560 076.
All training & workshop will be conducted in English, unless otherwise noted. Talaash CDM reserves the right to make changes to training/workshop events on short notice. For queries & registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To offline register & for further information of the training/workshop/course, please contact:
Mr. Achung Kamei
Programme Development Officer
Call: +91 9620369282, +91 80 41220735,